In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Kennebunk Free Library

Sargent Ross Block, Kennebunk, ca. 1890

Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
MMN Item 13662 Item Details
Sargent Ross Block, Kennebunk, ca. 1890
MMN Item 13662 Zoom


This building was located on the site of the present day Ross Block on Main Street in Kennebunk.

It was built about 1881 and burned down in 1895. It housed the Eastern Star Newspaper, Dr. Ross' medical office, Dr. H.E. Bourne's medical office, a dental practice, the Odd Fellows Hall, a stationery and jewelry repair shop and, as a sign on the front indicates, a "telephone office."

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.